Lakeville Fire Department encounters “crappy situation” during Christmas

Dec 26, 2023

LAKEVILLE — Believe it or not, a stocking filled with coal isn’t the worst surprise you can get on Christmas day.

On Monday, Dec. 25, the Lakeville Fire Department encountered “a septic odor in the [fire department] building” which was later determined to be caused by a “clogged pipe,” according to a Facebook post from the department. The department also encountered what they described as “stuff” that was “coming up through a floor drain,” the post said.

The department was able to get the issue resolved thanks to help from a local plumbing business, the post explained.